Your image alt-text here

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

TODAY IS A BEAUTIFUL DAY Part 1

  I can feel the energy the full moon has bestowed in me. The wind is low and the temp is high, around 54 degrees today. I can feel the detector calling my name. A few short errands, take the wife to work, the kids to school, and put a new set of batteries in the old, worn down, but still kicking MXT. I have a few places in mind for the day. If the water is low in the Arkansas River, I want to head down to the sand bar and see what the Colorado flood has washed my way. Then, hit a ball field tucked away in the new park. It isn't very old but it has been the main fields for the town for about five years, and I don't believe it has been detected yet. The field is on the way to the old halfway house. I am hoping the frigid temps have killed off some of the weeds that have blocked me in certain areas. As usual these plans can easily be swayed, by a light breeze, carrying the smell of treasure lofting out of a not yet planted field. A hunch sometimes fills the day. I am always at the mercy of the calling land, guiding me to her hidden beauty, her slight curves in the tree line, revealing a small peek of foundation, a dimple in her smile where a basement use to be, or a slight bosom like hump, disrupting her flat lying plains, telling me, calling me, wanting me to caress the hair like grass with my thin white coil. I can almost taste the silver, the centuries old gun powder, the dirty thirties dust begging to finally be handled with gentle hand. reviling, relieving, and reliving all that it loved. Today my friends I venture out to find the Mother Load....

No comments:

Post a Comment