Your image alt-text here

Monday, December 16, 2013

WELCOME TO THE PRAIRIE DIGGER

 First, let me introduce myself and the page. My name is Shon, I am a metal detecting junkie who lives in Central Kansas. As I familiarized myself with the many clubs, forums, pages, and etc. on the Internet, I notice there was no one writing about the amazing places, history, and great detecting here in Central Kansas. This page will follow my detecting adventures as I attempt to find "The Mother Load" here in my area. I also hope to educate, encourage, and share the joy of metal detecting with current and future detectorists ( yes I just invented a new word lol). This blog is an independent blog, meaning I am an individual that isn't paid to promote a product. Any mention of a product and its capabilities( or lack there of  ) is my sole opinion and is not meant to influence the reader in any way.Occasionally I will hunt with a professional in this case I will mention their company or product as advertisement. I will do my best to site any resources I use, but some things are best left undisclosed. I will not compromise the privacy of the good people who are polite enough to let me detect their property. This means I will not state the exact location of a dig site or the names of the owners of the land. That being said please don't ask. I welcome all criticisms. I am not a professional writer, historian, or archaeologist. I will and often do make mistakes. All I ask is that any readers response to my blog be respectful. I welcome any help with historical facts, resources, and of course leads to detecting spots. I welcome anyone who wants to discuss detecting. I will accept sincere invitations to detect your property with you, if offered, I would  have questions and want evidence of permission and/or ownership of property, I have to protect myself. I would love to be able to write about all of the area and share this blog with all who wants to come along. I would love to have guest writers, or stories of your hunts and finds. I will not invite anyone to detect with me at my locations unless I am certain of your abilities. This means do not ask me to come detect with me, after communicating with you and developing a good rep-or it is possible I may invite some to join me. Again I have to protect the land owners, they are the most important resource, not only to me but. to the entire hobby.  I will have videos and pictures of finds and areas. I think this will be fun, with your participation, we can finally develop a good network for Central and Western Kansas. Thanks for reading and I hope you will follow me.

Thanks,


Shon





  



2 comments:

  1. Hey this is Delaware Digger, be prepared for some great Relic Hunting in Virginia with Chris Johnson, Robbie and Delaware Digger. This event will be next weekend December 21-23, 2013. HH and best wishes, DD. Thank you Kansas Digger for putting me on your new Blog brother...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow with that amazing line up your sure to have a magnificent time. Be sure to let me know when you have some footage up on youtube that I can share with our readers. Good luck and HH.

      Delete