Your image alt-text here

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Teknetics Omega 8000 w/ 5" coil Hunt

Hey guys,

Well the snow didn't melt as fast as I hoped. I was hoping to hunt a yard but it was and still is full of snow. I decided to put the 5" coil on the Teknetics Omega 8000 and hunt the areas around my sidewalks since they had melted back a ways. I pulled out a few trash items and a small broken costume broach. I was still having a blast, it has been to long since I could turn on my detector. I was getting a little stressed, and detecting cures all. I decided to go along the sidewalk on the street side, suddenly I got a strong signal, 57, and it did not budge from there. I grabbed my army shovel and pulled a plug around 5" deep. It wasn't in the plug, so I pulled my Pro-Pointer out and went to work, it gave me a slow beep in the back, bottom, of the hole. I started to dig, I was thinking crap an old can or mason jar lid. At 7" the beeping from my pointer was pretty much steady, It was close. I dug around a little and pulled out a round object. I figured, cool another Buffalo, I start to wipe it off, carefully. It threw me at first, it sure wasn't a Buffalo, it was this.....






1910 Liberty! I was so shocked that I just stood there looking at it. The oldest coin I have found since my move, oh she made me happy. Tomorrow the snow should be almost gone, yes the ground will be muddy, but so will I. Thanks for reading.

KD

Get your gear here at:


or click on the link above, Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment