Your image alt-text here

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

ONE OF MY BEST DAYS EVER!

It has been one heck of a day. It started with the finishing and publishing of my Teknetics Omega Review. It was my first real review and I spent many long nights trying to make it as professional as a Kansas High School drop out could. Here is the link to the review on detecting365

http://detecting365.com/teknetics-omega-8000-revie

Then, just as I finished, I was contacted via our local buy, sell, trade sight on facebook, where I run a continuous ad for free ring recoveries and detecting service, by a lady who had lost her ring 5 months ago in her yard. I went there and within 5 minutes was able to locate her ring, shown below.



After that, I went and picked the wife up from work, and the kids from school. The eldest had evening band practice, and the youngest had girl scouts. The house was empty and I was bored, so I grabbed my detector and headed for the door. My yard is an EMI hell, but I figured I would play around and try to get a signal. I went through several progressions until I finally ended up in all metal mode. I am not a fan nor accustom to this mode, but I figured I wasn't going to find much anyway so it would be good practice. Man did the machine come alive! I pulled a civil war era bullet, a cool pepper shaker top looking thing, an upholstery tack from the mid 1800's, and this beauty. You know I have been detecting a long time, and I have found older coins, and newer coins, but I had never found a Barber, till today!



All in all, I would say it was a pretty good day. You know the Natives have a saying. Some days its a good day to die, and some days it is a good day to metal detect. I hope you read my review, and the Lesson Learned story on detecting365. Thanks for reading, Gl and as always HH.




Yours,

KD

No comments:

Post a Comment